It’s about time that I posted this recipe. One of my favs. Perfection. Vegan and gluten free corn muffins. It surely could be cornbread as well, call it by the mold you have at home. Enjoy!
Vegan and Gluten Free Corn Muffins
– 1/4 Cup of Coconut Oil
– 1/4 C of Apple Sauce
– 1/2 C + 1/2 Squeezed Lemon
– 1/3 C of Maple Syrup
– 1 Flax Egg = 1 Tbsp of Flax Meal mixed with 3 Tbsp of Warm Water
– 1.5 Cup of Fine Corn Meal
– 1 C of Garbanzo Flour
– 1/4 Tsp of Pink Salt
– 3/4 Tsp of Baking Powder
– 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
– Preheat oven to 375′ F
– Mix the flax meal with the water in a small bowl. Set aside.
– Mix the rice milk with the lemon juice in another small container and set aside.
– In a medium size bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Whisk and set aside.
– In a bigger size bowl mix all liquid ingredients starting with the coconut oil and the apple sauce, the maple syrup, then add the flax egg, last the mil. Whisk throughly.
– Add in the dry ingredients, and mix till it’s all well incorporated.
– Grease muffins with coconut oil, pour 2/3 C of the mold per muffin.
– Bake for 5 minutes at 375″F